Monday, April 20, 2020

Head held high, stay positive

I am in a new place in a new country almost 6 decades into my life.
Finding myself alone held no fear, having lived by my principles almost all my life. Married off early, I lived as a grass widow he stayed in the Gulf, coming home once in two years for a 3 week stay. The boys and I were a close knit family, we filled in the social spaces and held each other up.
Then came the Kuwait siege and he was home.
But never fit in, no position gave the pay he expected and friends, drinks, clubbing was the way to swap time.
But I paid off the loans, house, furniture, appliances, kids school fees, higher studies..
Then understood he had remortgaged the house, drawn money off the title deeds and siphoned off the money.
I left him.
Life went on, the boys graduated, moved out and started working at different locations.
My parents were always there to help me, my mother- a talented artist stood by us to quietly help when needed.
This needle work is an epitome of just how powerful women are, steadfast, hard working and quietly being there every moment to keep Life moving on.
This is what allows me to keep my head held high and go ahead, learn to live in this life as I marshal my experience and work in a new place- I know mother who is an angel now, looks proudly on with father who almost always smiles, knowing they had done right by their children and grand children.
Stay strong and stay smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly post your views we can enjoy our journey together-thank you